embrace the mystery.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

just smile.


Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

-- Psalm 51:11-12

***

taking a slightly extended break from my 392c "reading", i decided to check my e-mail. to my surprise, there was one waiting for me from minh hung, my driver in vietnam. the letter consisted of one "hello", a couple of "yes, thank you"; along with a a series of questions, such as "how are you today?", "how long are you in school for?", "when are you coming back to vietnam?", and "will you remember to write me when you're married?" (yes, in that order.) - i couldn't help but smile while reading it.

throughout the letter, his english was broken, and perhaps may have appeared quite atrocious to the average english major. but it was interesting how quickly i could easily decode the orginizational pattern of this "new language", and still be able to get the main gist of the letter - fully comprehending its syntax and other accompanying grammatical elements. pretty nifty, i thought. :o)

i find great pleasure in how he always ends his e-mails with the following statement:

"God also bless us, halleluja! Amen!"

amen, indeed :o)

... finding peace and joy again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Layla/Jane (whichever you prefer) said...

Must be nice to be so upbeat and optimistic. Kudos!

1:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home