embrace the mystery.

Friday, January 21, 2005

full house


... we're starting to make thursday poker nights a ritual over at 134 columbia. i mean, with all this newfound spacious goodness in our living room, we have no other choice but to take advantage of it and entertain our people :oP nothin' like a good gatherin' of friends from all over waterloo to come down and get in on a little chip-card action. of course, linda and i unfortunately being unskilled in the game, and still in "apprentice" mode, decided to watch all the action by the sidelines. however, erin has promised to give me a crash course in texas round-up, so in a matter of time i'm hoping i'll be hustlin' out my own poker skills and rakin' in the dough with the rest of the gang :o) - hmmmm. just gotta practice my poker face - apparently smiling and giggling during the entire game won't really help me much if i'm to play and win :oP

'twas definitely one of my better nights.

on top of everything else, the best news i've had all day is that the ever-so-lovely miss cristina has decided to come along with me to the philippines and be my date for my cousin's wedding (YAY!) - she'll be my knight in shining armor in fending off the local boys who my "maritally concerned" aunts may possibly set me up with back home. the plane takes off in mid-july, so whoever else is interested in coming with me, the more the merrier :oD

tangent: according to this i'm 33.3% total geek. phew. i expected much higher ;oP

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Lam said...

hahaha - I'm only 17.55% geek - which means that you are geekier than me! MUUAHHHAHA! :)LOL

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home