embrace the mystery.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

*cough* slowly but surely on the road to recovery

je suis


as promised, i'm back, and for the most part feelin' somewhat better - at least emotionally. my friend "TOM" has finally left (TOM = time of the month ;oP), and now i'm onto bigger challenges - one of which is to get over this pesky fever-cold thing that's been beating up my immune system since thursday. ugh. i feel like a thousand midgets are quebec square-dancing all over my forehead, while little gremlins have run away with my voice and are now gleefully scraping the sides of my tonsils with mini-daggers, and my nose is on a one-track course to winning an olympic marathon.

but whew, whatta week it's been - i stop blogging for just a few days, and all the good stuff happens! all of a sudden my no-longer-little brother somehow magically turned college grad on friday, i've been promoted to sunday school teacher for the young teens at church, i realized that i'm a bigger american idol geek than i originally thought because i'm WILLINGLY going to the kelly clarkson concert by myself, i've been assigned the task of designing my bridesmaid dress for my cousin's wedding in august; and though i'm still slightly in denial about it, my dad turned the big double-5 today. and now rumour has it that there are only 3 weeks and 2 days of undergrad left?! yikes! how the heck did we get from 4 months to 3 weeks?!?!

it's amazing though - i think i'm finally at that reflective stage in my life where i can sit back, look at this 5-year journey called undergrad and see what i've accomplished (then again, when you're sick, and once the movies and reading material runs out, there really isn't much else one can do but reflect :oP) - of all which aint too shabby, if i do say so myself :o) but of course, the overwhelming feeling of what i still need to accomplish hasn't completely settled in yet. but that's just peachy, cuz well, everyone needs a little healthy fear of what may lie beyond convocation :o) onwards and upwards, i say! :o)

as the song goes, "mama said there'll be days like this. there'll be days like this, my mama said". i think at this point, i've come to accept that drama and life's general poopiness come and go as they please.

and so i skoff in their general direction.

*scoff scoff... double scoff*

*ahem* funny how scoff easily turns to cough.

ack. yep, that's definitely a cue for me to hit the hay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home