embrace the mystery.

Monday, April 11, 2005

5 more days of trying to keep my head above water


on an online-search for an artifact for my rhetorical criticism take-home final (due friday); inevitably, i've managed to find myself on blogger - humbled, feeling a little groggy, and thinking perhaps i've had a little too much sun today.

this weekend got off on a pseudo-rocky start on saturday when i left my rs 205 midterm feeling like it had kicked me mighty hard in the toushkin - not exactly the way i would have wanted to write my last and only "real" undergrad final, but after a few hours of venting, stomping, and releasing the unwanted tension from my system, i eventually got over it for the most part.

several kilometres later, i find myself in moffat, where my youth group was finishing up their 30-hour famine retreat. thankfully the fresh air and the beautiful weather (not the mention the plethora of crazy "open-field frolic" and "while you were sleeping" photo-sessions) did a lot for my mood and really helped put things back in perspective :o) afterall, 92% of the things you worry about never really end up happening anyway, and the other 8% is usually manageable - that's the theory i'm planning to stick with, anyway :oP

a few more clicks on the meter and i'm back in mississauga for the night in hopes to quench my thirst for some much-needed family lovin' and to pick up some clean fresh-out-of-the-dryer clothes. and so far, it's been just wonderful.

and somehow during all that, it's monday again. in a few hours, i'll be back in waterloo to face the final stretch - hopefully on a much better note than i started the weekend with.

the (tentative) agenda for this week? study dates, koh-i-noor, 1750 words of rhetorical and critical fun, and finally kissing waterloo undergrad goodbye (not so tentative).

*sigh* in the wise words of dory from Finding Nemo, there's really only one thing to do in times like these, and that is to "just keep swimming."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home