embrace the mystery.

Monday, February 07, 2005

sweet procrastination


after watching halfway through the final season dvd box set of Fraiser, getting through two thirds of the third season of Felicity, and taking extended study breaks for bubble tea and random bursts of dance moves in my room, i think i'm finally ready to do some work. such a familiar tune, i know, but in the wise words of charlie brown, "I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time."

... and it seems to be working just fine. :o)

***

wednesday night will be the annual lunerfest fashion show extravaganza at fed hall, where most of the asian clubs of UW gather together to celebrate their new year. i still haven't figured out how us filipinos managed to bypass this tradition, but since i seem to be going through a continual ethnic identity crisis, i thought i'd just "casually" blend in nicely with the festivities :oP

this year, claudia's asked me to perform again for the big fashion hoopla. the theme of my scene: bridal wear ... *cue suspenseful music - dumm dummm DUMMMMMMM*. initially, claudia suggested to me that i should wear a wedding dress for my performance to match the rest of the models who would be walking down the catwalk with their model-grooms. after i spent about 10 minutes freaking out at the idea of me in a wedding dress, claudia decided that perhaps it wasn't such a good idea afterall, and finally left the choice of wardrobe up to me. :o)

should be a good show though. to show my support for the asian groups of waterloo, this is now the time when i shamelessly promote it all:



... probably doesn't really help or change the fact that i have 2 midterms on thursday, and that i'll probably be spending the majority of my week justifying all-niters; but such is the life of an english major/rs minor with a 6-courseload. :oS you'd think that they would have at least warned me or something before i signed up for this gig. :oP

of course, i do realize that it's my own fault for procrastinating so much.

hmm. maybe i can still fit another episode of Fraiser before i go to bed. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home