embrace the mystery.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

"ahhhhhhhh!!!! ewwwwwwwwww!!! SOB!"


current mood: flamboyantly girly-girl
(really wish they had an emoticon for this one :oP)

***

I'm a girl, and by me that's only great!
I am proud that my silhouette is curvy,
That I walk with a sweet and girlish gait
With my hips kind of swivelly and swervy.

... I enjoy being a girl!


-- from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Flower Drum Song

***

back in the day...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
tess, me, karla in 1994: our "jade's house of tacos" stage in life :oP

until today have i truly underestimated how utterly girly i can be. when you combine three girls who haven't spent some serious quality time with each other in almost two years, and let them loose all over the GTA for an entire day; prepare for an overload of estrogen and dim-sum, inevitable movie theatre ruckus, double dosage of caffeine-induced goodness, high-pitched squeals, several holes burned in each of their wallets from excessive shopping (x2), and perhaps a little too much reminiscing than any of them would have particularly liked (which initially accounted for the high-pitched screams as previously mentioned).

... and to think that i used to play house and barbie hair salon with these girls! :oP

now that i'm back home and have had some time to reflect on today's girlish adventures, i remember how truly wonderful it is to let my girliness surface (once in a while, of course) with an amazing group of now-women who i hold so dear to my heart, and reaffirming its sentimental value in my life. regardless of the amount of time and distance that has separated us, it's a fabulous feeling to not have to worry about catching up with every single detail of each other's lives, and even more fabulous not having to worry about how to fit each other in our present lives. i'm thankful that worry has never really been an issue with us, nor with any of my friends at this point; and that even after all these years we can still be as unbelievably loud and crazy as we were 10+ years ago, with not a single care in the world, except to be completely contented in our own element.

*cue happy tear* ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home